What is the difference between Timber and Lumber? 17 Mar 2021
Here, we are going to mention some differences between Timber and Lumber:
- Timber is attached to the ground while lumber cannot stand on the ground.
- Timber is still accepted as wood with its bark, while lumber has no bark. 6x2 Treated Timber Online UK
- Timber refers to wooden boards and is used in Australia and UK while lumber is a wooden board used in the American and Canadian denomination.
- Timber is cut down and sold for construction purposes while lumber is a finished wood product that is often made commercially available exclusively for construction purposes. There is no need to cut the timber.
- Timber is an older term than lumber, which was recently coined.